Can you wash baby bottles in the dishwasher? Mothers often ask this question. After all, our children have enough harmful chemical substances in their lives, and with children’s dishes – the less chemistry, the less likely they are to develop an allergy.
First Learn,How to Wash Glasses in a Dishwasher?
What Cannot Go in the Dishwasher?
Dishwasher Advantages and Disadvantages
Parents and pediatricians differ in their opinions: some believe it is possible to wash children’s dishes in a dishwasher. In contrast, others are definite about this choice. In principle, you can wash children’s dishes in a dishwasher, but not all models provide this.
Therefore, if you do not yet have such an apparatus at home, we recommend that you first learn how to choose a dishwasher and what the recommendations are for washing children’s dishes. It is crucial to pay attention to the maximum water temperature during washing.
You can wash feeding bottles in the dishwasher, but nipples should only be washed by hand! The program duration for washing children’s dishes can be less than 30 minutes. However, this time is enough for the machine to wash and rinse the dishes thoroughly.
As for detergents, it is better to prefer those designed to care for children’s dishes. Or wash without using any means because dishwashers are washed at a temperature of 60-70 ° C – this is a sufficient temperature for disinfection. If you are still worried about developing an infection, boil the bottles and nipples after washing them.
Can You Wash Baby Bottles in the Dishwasher?
When using any detergents, it is necessary to rinse the dishes with clean water for at least 2-3 minutes so that these products do not remain on the surface of the dishes. Specific requirements are put forward for the detergent itself:
- The detergent must be safe for the child. It is also essential to follow the instructions for its use!
- The composition of the detergent may contain a bactericidal component for more effective disinfection of dishes. So, ensure that it is safe for health.
- It should not contain aggressive substances.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, as they will scratch the surface.
- The product should be soft and well-washed with hot and cold water.
- A slight presence in the composition of the flavor is allowed.
After loading in dishwasher and washing, children’s dishes must be dried on a napkin and not wiped with a towel. Dishwashers wash very high quality quickly with minimal foam and smell, increasing the substance’s safety, eliminating unpleasant odors, and not leaving streaks.
If you decide on a new purchase but are still afraid to wash children’s dishes, wash only your own at first. After all, only you are responsible for the health of your child. If you notice that you are satisfied with how your dishes are washed, you can also start washing the dishes of your child.
We Reviewed,8 Best Dishwasher Under $1000
5 Best Dishwashers Under $600
10 Best Dishwasher Under $400
Requirements for Washing Baby Dishes
Children’s food differs from adult food in lower fat content so that you can replace ordinary household chemicals with something simpler. There are a lot of requirements for washing baby dishes:
- Minimum components
- No harsh odors
- Easy rinsing with water of any temperature
- The presence of antibacterial properties.
- Maximum naturalness
And there are such resources for example, mustard, lemon juice, and the Soap Nuts remedy. The Soap Nuts remedy consists of 100% dried fruits of the soap tree. It does an excellent job with fresh food contamination, has antibacterial properties, is hypoallergenic, is easy to rinse, cleans to a squeak, and at the same time lathers well.
Disadvantages of Washing Baby Bottles in the Dishwasher
If you have a dishwasher for your family, you are already very accustomed to using it. But we need to wash children’s dishes in it with care.
Here is a list of a few negative points to think about:
- Mold often grows in the dishwasher, in nooks, and in crannies that are difficult to clean. Mold is the most potent allergen, and often she becomes the culprit in the development of atopic dermatitis in children.
- Too hot water. Special children’s utensils are often made from special plastics and resins, and prolonged exposure to a hot environment can damage them and cause the chemical components to evaporate.
- Detergents for dishwashers are much more aggressive than those for hand-washing dishes. Grease and dirt should dissolve and come off without using the mechanical action of washcloths.
- In addition, dishwasher rinses do not wash off dishes but dry on them, so there are no streaks left. And as already mentioned above, what an adult body will endure without consequences can negatively impact a small child’s health.
Therefore, pediatricians tend to wash children’s bottle by hand. In connection with the above, the obvious conclusion is that it is necessary to abandon the usual washing in the dishwasher and focus on hand wash.
- Wash immediately. Fresh dirt is much easier to remove.
- Wash by hand, do not use a dishwasher.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Use individual improvised means. Children’s dishes should have their brush, sponge, towel, etc.
- Washcloths, sponges, and brushes must be appropriately stored and changed periodically.
Kitchens are made for bringing families together.